Monday, May 05, 2008

FO Report

It is done, finished, blocked and it's gorgeous. I love this shawl. May I present:

"M O H A N A"





This shawl is designed by Monika, as peviously mentioned only a few times :) and I had the honor to testknit it, to make sure no bugs were left in there. I hope I cought them all and now it's up to you all to show, that you too can make this masterpiece. It's really fun to knit.
I got the yarn from Monika too, who bought it from the talented Maggie (dyedinthe woolhandmade.com), which hand died it for her in the color "Winter Violet". I used a little more than two skeins of it, one of the running 378 yards, so you go figure out yourself, how much it would take you. I had to start the last skein on the picot edge. The yarn is a Fingering Sock Mediumweight and I used my size 5 (3.75mm) KP options needles with a looooong cable for it. Great combination. It seemed a little small yesterday, after I was done, but after a good soak and a nice over nicht stretch the shawl grew to a good 40 inches down the spine and 80 inches wingspan. It's sure to keep me warm enough in the evenings out on the porch in that rocker and it being the weight it is, made it faster to knit too.
Have fun.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Monika said...

It's gorgeous! I love the color, and you did a great job! Thanks for test knitting it, and for all your input, and suggestions! I knit mine with 4mm needles and after blocking it was 45" by 80". I love the outside pictures!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Mercy, the shawl is breathtakingly beautiful! Brava Monika AND Angelika!
Beautiful design and that colour is sweeeet!

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.

I love it! I can't even imagine test knitting lace like that. One error in the pattern and my tenuous grip on sanity would surely be lost.

Great, great job!

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was quick! It's just gorgeous. :-)

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! I'm with yarnhog, I'm impressed by your ability to test out such a fabulous design.

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a real beauty!!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

It is beautiful. Well done. One of my favorite colours too!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Gorgeous! You did a fabulous job.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shawl - and you knit it up so fast too! I just downloaded the pattern, looking for the right yarn to go with it. =)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is a lovely piece. I've never test knit, so it must have been thrilling to assist and be aware of a new design before it is out. Congrats on the piece.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Mohana is so beautiful I actually gasped when I saw it. The color, the design - I think it is perfection in one word. Kudos to both the designer and the master test knitter.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!! You have such an amazing talent!

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible! You did that pattern all kinds of justice. Beautiful job!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Angelika, fabulous job! You two make quite a team, and I will never stop suggesting you guys make patterns together! And make them for my yarn! :)

I'm really glad the shawl is made of the Fingering Mediumweight because there are a lot of us out there who prefer to not use laceweight yarn, but we still want the fun and experience of knitting lace items! And it's so gorgeous and airy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home