Monday, June 30, 2008

Road Trip

Finally, I'm off work here for good. Don't get me wrong, I love to work, but it's been a little monotonous to have to go to work, while my kids are on summer vacation and my husband is wasting away his month long block leave, because we can't do anything or go anywhere, because I have to go to work pretty much every day. So now, that we are only one month away from leaving this place, I quit my job and I'm free. FREE. Now I have a month at this address to collect the rest of my paychecks :D and then we are off to our new duty station in Kentucky.

So since this is the only week now that we are all off, we are going on a road trip. Only a short one, but long enough to ask the neighbor to babysit our dog. Where does everybody wants to go at least once in their lifetime? Yes, DISNEY WORLD!!. I've made reservations and tomorrow we are off on our way to Orlando. We'll be spending two days in the park and enjoy Florida for a while. We'll be back home in time for the 4th of July celebrations to avoid all the traffic and to keep our dog company, which is a big chicken, when it comes to thunder or any other loud noises. Of course there will be knitting on the way, since the route is already plotted on our TomTom and I won't have to be a copilot. I hope to get the rest of my test knit done on the way there or back and send it out this or next week, just in time for the deadline.

Sorry about the pictureless post, but I didn't want to bore you with more cables and the chicken dog of mine wouldn't cooperate and turned camera shy. Too bad.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic time!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

I hope you have a great time!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Have a great time!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Yeah, you are right. Once in a lifetime is enough. We went to Disneyworld in Paris, when our kids were small. It was a fun experience. Have a nice trip!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

WooHoo! Freedom!!! Enjoy your trip to Disney World.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your Disney trip is a blast!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see what you worked on during your car ride.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home