Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday


Say Hello to the birthday girl.




This is our little girl Fancy. She is turning 3 today and is very happy with her big rawhide bone she got today. That should keep her busy for a couple of days. We adopted her about 1 1/2 years ago from our local animal shelter, just a couple of months before my husband deployed. She is the daughter I never had, the barking doorbell I never wanted and the built-in security system that never works. Well, she has her moments, when people get scared of her. She is a chow-chow/golden retriever mix and it depends on how people look at her they see a overgrown Chow and back up or a very fluffy retriever. The worst thing she does to people is clotheslining them with her leash and drooling them to death. :) Otherwise she thinks that everybody is only there to pet her all day long. She also sheds like crazy right now and I always seem to have tumble fur around the house. I was thinking about shaving her for the summer, but didn't do it anyway, even with temperatures of almost 100 here today. Next winter she'll need her fur when she gets to see snow for the first time. I wonder what she'll think about that.


I can also tell you that I'm almost done with the Veste Everest. I only have about 5 more rounds to knit in the second armhole, then I'm done, except for all the ends to weave in.


I'll tease you with another pic here. Let's see what you think about that.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Monika said...

Give Fancy a scratch behind her ears! She's still a puppy with her 3 years.
Great, that you could finish the Vest before you move. And the KP project looks really colorful. Are those Lama's on it?

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Good Yarns said...

Oops, I posted the comment under another google name. Here's what I was trying to say:
That KP project looks so evenly stitched, and colorful. Is it mitts?

I hope the move goes very well, for all of you.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Fancy! Nimitz sends a sniff and a cookie.

The vest is looking so colorful. :-)

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you adopted Fancy. It looks like she had a great birthday.

Wow at the vest!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Fancy!

The teaser pic looks great! I love the colors.

Have fun moving!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Fancy is a gorgeous girl. I can imagine she will be the perfect dog to cuddle with on a cold winter's night. You will be taking plenty of pictures of her bounding through the snow, I can just see it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home