Friday, September 19, 2008

Scrappy Scarf

Wow, I've been blogging more than usual. Don't know why, but I guess I'm taking a break from opening boxes and knitting a little more. I guess that was the bad thing about getting internet connection and my stash back and finding my needles. :)

I've been running into my leftover box and was wondering what to do with all of that yarn balls. Thanks to our trusty Ravelry I found inspiration for a lengthwise scrappy scarf here, here and here. Now how could I hold myself back from all that scrappy goodness, especially since I had to take a break from too much pink, before I started to get sick of it. I have to tell you, so far it's turning into a very addicting project. Check it out and tell me what you think.


It's hard to put it down, because the look changes with every row and you can't really make a mistake with this one. That's the best part with it.
It's just a simple seed stitch pattern and the beginning and the end of the row makes your frindge. Easy pleasy. I was planning on making some more and donating them to the Scarves from the Heart Project. You can find info on Ravelry here.

7 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Hey, I saw that scarf and liked it right away! IT's looking good in blues. What yarn weight are you useing, and how many stitches did you cast on? I made a list of projects I'd like to make, and am feeling quite overwhelmed. There's always more I see and want to do. This one's on my list as well. :o)

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really cute, Angelika! Must. Not. Cast. On. New. Project.

I love the blues but I see hints of pink in there! :)

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that scarf! The seed stitch makes it look a bit like it's woven. Very cool. And I really like the blue. I'm partial to pink as well but I understand needing a change. :-)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Looks fun! The owner of our LYS just knit up a gorgeous shawl using 3 different weight yarns in complementary colors. It's very simply knit lengthwise on larger needles, but makes a beautiful snuggly wrap.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. The colors you're using go so well together. And it's all scraps??

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

i have this in my queue! i would love to use my sock yarn scraps up - i have way too many. it's looking great so far:o)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

This is a great idea..I always think of knitting scarves at the last minute. I have butt loads of scraps...butt loads!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home