Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I found them!!!

Yes, I did find the rest of my needles. It was in one of the many book boxes. Now I can sleep better.
We had a bad storm here in Northern Kentucky on Sunday. From what I heard on the radio we were cought in between two weather front that made this area here seem like Ike's little cousin. We had 50 mph winds that snapped trees, which broke powerlines. Half the day on Sunday we were out of power and I rearranged boxes inside the garage, bringing all my beloved yarn boxes into the house, so I could put my husbands car inside. I have about 2 inches between front bumper and a wall of boxes and 4 inches between back bumper and garage door. How is that for exact measurement!!
I also did the good deed for the day and donated 4 boxes to our local thrift shop. It was long overdue and it sure don't miss them and I love those two empty drawers in my dresser. And that was only clothes. I still need to go through toys and those many boxes labeled "Closet item". Hmmm, that is a very grey area. You should know how many closets I had in my other place.

Did I mention I hate moving? It's not so much the moving part, since we have people to do that for us, but the part where you have to find a new home for every single little thing and if you don't then to determent wether you really need that perticular thing or if you could part with it.

And on the knitting front, which has been very much neglected, I finally finished the little pink baby hoody.
And while we are doing the picture thing here, this is another one of my KP testknits I found on the website yesterday. This was the one with all the cables and stuff. Looks pretty good on the guy and fit me perfectly too. It's called "Traditional Gansey" and can be found at Knit Picks in the book "Cables, Diamonds, Herringbone". I knit that one with Comfy in the color Cashew. Some of you might remember this project, just because it's a pretty bland color to knit with, especially for such a big project, but I think in the end it fits the sweater pretty good.


These are some close up pix I took before I sent it off.



Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one gorgeous gansey! I hope you're settling in...

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just looking at that Gansey on Ravelry this morning! I hadn't realized it was your test knit.

Good thing you found the needles! When I move, I tend to toss stuff before I pack it. Well, afterwards too. I love the moving in part. It's the packing up and moving out that gets to me.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Anne K. said...

The wee pink hoodie is absolutely precious! Glad you survived the storm(s) - hang in there!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

The sweater looks incredible, but you know how I love cables. The colour looks similar to the Na Craga I did. Glad your getting settled in.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unpacking is such a pain! That sounds like a big storm. Glad you are alright. I was concerned that you would get your yarn inside more than the car being safe. :-)

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like moving, either, so I know how you feel!

Love the pink hoodie. And I really like that sweater! I'm always looking for men's patterns that I think DH would actually wear.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Glad to here you've found your needles. The baby hoodie is cute! Love the test knit. I was just looking at that one on Ravelry. :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Monika said...

The baby sweater is cute, especially the buttons. I like the sweater, even with the blah color. You did wonderful job knitting it. It looks perfect to me. Everything just right.
Oh, and I'm glad you found your needles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home