Sunday, September 14, 2008

MIA

I dug myself out of boxes and packing paper and emerged halfway victorious. Halfway, because the inside of my house looks like a house now and not like a cardboard version of the New York skyline. I can walk around without stepping on things and having to manouver around boxes. I can actually see the floors again. The last room will be my younger sons room and that's where I have to do the most weeding through clothes, since I have to distinguish between too small, fits now and fits next year clothes from his brother.


Last night I found my sock needles, crochet hooks and straights. Score! Well half way, I was expecting to find my circulars right away too, but that's not the case. They were stored in a clear plastic zipper pouch on a different level of the shelf. Well, here I go digging through every box that has the word "Yarn" written on it. No luck. Well, how about the one with books, since I had knitting books next to it. No luck either. I'm still looking for those perticular knitting books too and I'm sure when I find them, I'll also find my needles. So instead of sleeping last night, my mind was still digging through boxes. So for my next Knit Picks project, which will be coming to me sometime next week, I hope that the one and only circular I brought with me, will be the one I need to use. Otherwise I'm out of luck, because most likely I'm going to have to order a new one. Darn. :)

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Ah...the great clothing sort. I do that twice a year or so. I start with my older son's clothes, separating out clothes for his brother, clothes for the school nurse, and clothes for Goodwill. Then I move to the younger one's room and sort out clothes for his cousin, clothes for the school nurse, and clothes for Goodwill. Almost all our clothing goes through at least three kids, and usually four or more. The baby clothes I got from my cousin's son were also worn by both my sons, then my sister's son, and then they went to her church for another baby or babies! It always makes me happy to see things used so efficiently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home