Monday, September 29, 2008

Stranding like crazy

What a weekend. My car didn't even move and me and the kids spent all weekend at home. We were somewhat hibernating, I guess? I was enjoying the weather and sat outside most of the time with my knitting in my lap and a glass of ice tea next to me.

I got the yarn for my latest test knit in the mail more than a week ago and started working a swatch. Yes, I do swatch, when it comes to KP. Good thing I did, because when I got the pattern, almost a week later, I found out that I had to go down a needles size (again). Not being able to cast on as soon as I got the yarn was like a kid staring at a cookie jar and not being allowed to touch them. It was torture, I tell you. So as soon as I got the pattern I cast on and for the rest of the weekend nobody could talk to me. And this is what I came up with.



Pretty, isn't it? I'm very partial to the clematis heather anyway and the fact that I can strand away without having to cut off yarn and start with a new color all the time makes this one go pretty fast. I also only have the two balls of yarn to drag with me (and the pattern page of course).

I'm still working on my lace scarf and on the baby blanket, but since I am knitting these for my own enjoyment and without anybody in mind I'm working on them whenever, like in the car, waiting for the kids, during tea kwon do class, cub scout meetings or even on a red light. Guilty, I know. Hey, what are some of the weird places you've been caught knitting? I think that would be interesting to find out.

8 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Your knitting looks beautiful so far. I love the 2 colors together too.

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your latest test knitting is gorgeous!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Love the new test knit! Can't wait to see the finished project.

I've gotten some really strange looks from people when I knit at the base hospital. :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Tami said...

So glad you are moved and settling in. That Clematis heather looks wonderful. I definetely like the flow of only two colors while doing colorwork.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Verona said...

I like it a lot... can't wait to see the finished project. Hast du eine Neue Telephon Nummer? Melde dich mal wieder.... Ich fliege nach deustchland im Januar, und Lene im December.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I am just constantly amazed by your talent! I can't wait to see the finished knit!

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty pattern.

Probably the strangest place I've knitted was at a red light.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really pretty! Both the pattern and the color combo.

I love that chullo hat you test knit up too. When I finish MT and have all that lovely left over yarn (ha) I plan on knittin gone up.

Cute scarf! But I have to say, your model is really more adorable.

I knit at red lights too. They're long. Very. Long. I knit while waiting for a wedding to start once. I didn't think it was odd, but I was asked a LOT of questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home