Friday, October 17, 2008

It's getting cold

I had to play a little waiting game with Knit Picks and the designer to get the test knit the way we wanted it, so in the meantime I jumped right onto this little hat.


It's getting a little colder here in Kentucky and the last two days of rain made even the last person realise that summer is definitely over. Since my older one is complaining about it being chilly in the morning (44 degrees on the way to school this morning) I had to knit up this hot hat for him to keep his ears warm. He even wanted to wear it all day at school today. We'll see what the teachers think of this, since I don't think that is part of the dress code. Either way it's nice to have my knitting appreciated.

Next up is a pair of argyle mitts. You might have seen them on Ravelry. I love them and had to cast them on last night. The ribbing is just going kinda slow, so it'll be a couple more hours until it's going to get interesting.
Since it's knitted over 72 stitches I cast on with 2.25mm (1) KP Harmony DPNs (thank you Keri) and I'm using some unknown stash sock yarn and the rest of the Dyed in the Wool Handmade Fingering Sockyarn in Winter Violet. This was left over from my Mohana Shawl I knitted for Monika. I think it's a rather nice color combo.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is so hot! :-) I might have to add it to my queue. And I think I have the same mittens in my queue. Can't wait to see yours.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Monika said...

You were just talking about knitting that hat and now it's done already! Why didn't I see those mittens? They look great, but would I want to knit them myself? What's the widest span you have to do? I like your color combo!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Excellent choice for the mitts. I have to make a pair of the Cat Mitts on Ravelry{http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cat-mittens} for my daughter for Christmas. She asked for pink and black. Can't post about it though, cause she doesn't know I might actually knit them for her.
Shhhhh!!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll make a pair of the argyle's sometime this winter too - I like your combo!
Very cool (hot) hat!!

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love that hat! I can see why your son didn't want to take it off. You are so prolific with the knitting, I'm envious, lol!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

I seriously love that hat! Just looking at it warms me up. :)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

The hat is awesome... My brother would really like it... I have a quilt planned for him and his wife for Christmas... but maybe he'll end up with a little something extra

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a cool hat!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

My son has been wanting a hat like that. Do you have a pattern?

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the hat! I can see why he wanted to wear it all day. Is that pattern in Ravelry?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home