Sunday, October 26, 2008

Entrelac Mania?

So here I come to tell you that the Entrelac Hat I started two days ago was finished the same day. See....


I have to admit it was kind of addicting and fast to knit. Since I only followed somebody else's picture, I wasn't exactly sure how many rounds of squares I needed. Well, now I know. One less than what I did. I was mainly concerned about the top and the way it would close up and I think I did pretty good on it. So now, here was my problem. I washed and blocked it (which was kind of not necessary, since it wasn't even tight on that plate and this is a pizza plate, if I might add) and it was still very slouchy. My next step was to felt it. So I went to our local book/yarn store to get some advice. Well, needless to say, I didn't need the advice, since a lady in the store fell in love with the hat as is and wouldn't let it go. So it went home with her. It looks great on her too and she definitely had the right amount of hair to support the larger size.
So now, to make up for the "loss" I had to cast on the next one. See where I'm going with this? This pattern has something that makes it addicting. I started last night, while my boys went out to a sleepover and I stayed up half of the night with my dog, knitting. One reason for doing that was of course to make sure that I'd be up, in case one of my kids would come home. At least that's the one I'm using. The other reason was, that I couldn't put down the pattern. I even started to write it down, as I was going, but ended up getting ahead of myself with the knitting and didn't write it up anymore. So anyway, expect to see the second finished hat sometime soon. It will have one less row of squares and we'll see how this one fits. Who knows, I might be onto something with this? Plus it helps out with the stash issue I have. :)
Later .... gotta knit....can't help it. ......

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger fleegle said...

Where are you? Can I meet you and take the next hat from you? It's looks fantastic! What a lucky lady!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

The hat looks great. Don't you love it when someone takes stuff off your hands so quick.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny to find the perfect head for the hat! It's a good thing you really enjoyed knitting it. :-)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

It looks fantastic! I love the colours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home