Friday, October 24, 2008

Mittens done

I wanted to show you the way my mittens worked out.



What do you think? I like them and the double layer thanks to the stranding should keep my hands warm enough in the next winter to come. The pattern can be found here and more info can be found on Ravelry here. I shortened the pattern by one repeat. I was always told I had long fingers, so I don't know how long the original mittens were. Also, I knitted them on size 1 (2.25 mm) KP Harmony DPNs, which should have made them just a little tighter too.



I'm still not sick and tired of knitting entrelac, so I found some Manos yarn (thanks Keri) in my stash box and started on this hat. I'm not really following any pattern, just leaning once again on Criminy Jickets Gaterlac pattern. It is very well written and so versatile to use. So this is the hat I'm working on at the moment. I'm very happy with it so far.






It's a rainy day here today and I spent most of it catching up with my DVR and working on the hat. Hey, what else is a girl to do?

6 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

The mittens look great! I've always liked the look of entrelac, but haven't had a chance to try it. An entrelac hat would be cool... when you're done will you be posting the pattern?

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Beautiful mittens!

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens look gorgeous and toasty warm!

The only entrelac I've knit is Dave of Criminy Jickets Garterlac dishcloth.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens look fantastic!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger PJ said...

Great job on some wonderful mittens! Love the pattern! I'm just going through my military knitters ring today :)

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have those mittens in my queue and you're tempting me to start them right away. (PS- I got an offer from Knit Picks!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home