Saturday, February 14, 2009

New Obsession

I found myself addicted to something new. It's purposely felting nice knitted items in a hot bath in my washing machine to the point that they are way smaller than before and you won't be able to see a single one of the stitches anymore, that I worked so hard on. It started all with the nice felted mittens I saw at Marmee's and Ashley's shop. So I made these mittens for my dad.



Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the finished felted project, but the braids almost disappeared. But despite that little mishap they fit nicely and are super warm.

They I got bitten by the bug and started making Bev Galeska's felted clogs. This is pair # 1.


And then came another...



.... and another...



... and another one is in the making and unless I burn out on the pattern, there are a couple more to come.

I'm also working on a baby blanket for a friend that is having a boy next month.



Its the Alpaca Baby Shawl from Mary Grace Designs. It's pretty easy and straight forward pattern that can be easily knitted while watching your favorite TV show. The only thing I didn't think about was how many stitches I end up with on my cable and now it's too short. So while I'm waiting for my new cable and the new needletips to arrive, I guess I'll knit up another pair of those slippers. :D

9 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

It's crazy how big you have to make things if you're going to felt them. Great projects!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

You have gone felt crazy! I knit that blanket too, I love it!

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! You've got the felting craze it looks like. :-)

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger momsue84 said...

Lovely knitting, as usual. I have been remiss in reading your blog. So sorry for that. Your list of Fo's is amazing!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

hmmm...felted clogs, huh? i have seen lots of these on ravelry - are they comfortable? i may have to make a few pairs some day. they seem very addictive!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Holy cow - those mittens were big!!! Too bad you don't have an after photo.
I like the baby blanket, it looks real classy and nice. Your friend is very lucky to get it.
Have fun with your felting projects! :o)

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

I LOVE felting... but I haven't done anything for a while

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't know if I could felt something with all those pretty stitches! The slippers are adorable--I love the different colors.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE on a felting roll!! Love the clogs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home