Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Remember me?

Ok, so I have been out of the blogging loop for a while. Don't really know what happened, I guess I just didn't have any interesting things to blog about, but I was surely following all of my friends blogs, even if I didn't comment all the time. Just needed a time out maybe?

Anyway, my fish tank is recovering, just in case you are wondering. I had a couple of ups and downs with it, but it's getting there. That's another thing about moving, but I won't go there now.

Also, I got my teeth and crown taken care of. Now that the dentist has her claws in me again, there is no escape and I think me and her will get to know each other very well. The good side about it is that she is very nice and a knitter. How cool is that. She wants to learn how to knit socks.
But this is a knitting blog, so here is some knitting content. Beginning of December I had a rather larger project from Knitpicks. I knitted 6 pairs of socks in about 4 to 5 weeks worth of time. I guess it's no big deal if I lift that secret about it, because the really secret part of it is, that I got to knit them in the new colors of Felici sockyarn. And that's what I can't show you, so there won't be any pictures of them. Sorry.
But what I can show you is the stranded vest I was working on a while back. It always takes a while from knitting it until it shows on the Internet or in the catalog. I did this one back in October and some of you might remember it, because of that horrible scissor shot I put on the blog. Well, here it is in all it's beauty and I think it's even featured in the catalog.


Since we moved I haven't gotten a new catalog yet. I guess I have to fix that so I have a portfolio of my work. It's the Ladies Jacquard Sweater Vest and in the Palette yarn it's really inexpensive to knit too. The pattern keeps you interested and trust me, you need it. But other than that, it was a nice knit.
To make up for all that thin yarn I've been knitting with lately, I finally cast on for my Dad's cardigan. According to my sister he is in real need of a new one, so here I am. I'm using Lion Brands Wool Ease in Blue Heather and this worsted weight knits up pretty fast. I started with this on Christmas Day and I'm about to finish the pieces today. I still have to wash and blog them and then pieces them together. We'll see how well Wool Ease blogs, since it's 80 acrylic and 20 wool, but my sister insisted on something washable. So that's what she is going to get.


I also finished a Christmas stocking that didn't make it to it's recipient anymore in time. I'll send it out anyway along with the pattern. I didn't find a nice bright red wool yarn, so I used some acrylic and now I'm sad to say that I don't know if it's going to blog out, if at all. I guess it can at least be used for next year. :) Nice try, right?


Next up I'll finally finish my traveling roses scarf. I know, this has been dragging on forever. It was supposed to be a travel project I started in July/August on my way up here to Kentucky and it's finally drawing to an end. I am ending it after the 15th repeat, which will make it about as long as I am tall and I'm 5'9". No telling how much longer it's going to be after blogging. It took a while and I'll probably not going to use that pattern again, since after all those repeats I still haven't memorised it, but the feel of cashmere will make up for it for sure. (A FO pic will follow soon)

Now let's see if the UPS driver stops by today, because I have a new KP project on the way. Just in time for the cardigan being done. Also, I have plans for the new year to put my knitting machine to work, make friends with it first, and then start up my etsy shop again. I tried it two years ago with not much luck. Maybe it wasn't the right time for it, so I'll try it again, but first I have to work up some stuff to put in there. Wish me luck. I can use it.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Welcome back! I love that vest--just gorgeous. The Wool-Ease...I did a beautiful sweater of my own design for my husband using a really lovely shade of dark blue-green Wool-Ease. I hated knitting with it, and I guess he doesn't much like wearing it, either, because he never does. It doesn't block, but it does go through the washer and dryer without a hitch, so there is a certain value to using it for projects that need to be washable, and outlive the next Ice Age.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Hey, good to see you blogging again! I like the vest, but don't think I'll ever do somthing like that. :o) Nice red sock too! ;o)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

How wonderful to see you again! LOVE the vest (yes, it's in the new catalog!) When I saw those colours on your blog I had to get them, and I did... not sure what I'll do with them yet but I sure do love that colour combination.
I really like the Dad's sweater pattern, very nice! I don't have much experience blocking the Wool Ease but a good friend of mine knit a cardi for herself, don't know if she blocked the pieces before seaming but I can say the cardi is Gorgeous!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Soo said...

Welcome back!

The vest is absolutely stunning. Beautifully made as always.

Happy 2009!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the vest! And the stocking doesn't look bad. Hopefully the recipient likes it. :-)

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Maud said...

Your vest is lovely!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vest is gorgeous!

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That vest is amazing! Happy 2009 to you!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Welcome back! That vest is absolutely stunning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home