Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finally snow

Now I hear about all the tons of snow that have unloaded all over the country, but except for cold temperatures, a couple of times even with minus in front of it, we here in Fort Knox haven't seen much snow this season. Trust me, my kids are waiting for it. They haven't played in it in two years and can't wait to pull out that sled. So last weekend we finally got some and as you can see, everybody enjoyed it.




Here are two of my boys (I include my husband in that count) cleaning off my car and the drive way. (Yeah, right).



Looks like one of our dogs got her share of snow too.





Here they are both playing in the back yard. Can you find the other dog in the picture?



I know, this looks freaky, but we doctored the picture a little bit. You can actually see Laila on the original, but it was just too much fun seeing her almost disappear into the back ground like this. Looks like Fancy is chasing a ghost. :)



There has also been some knitting. We took a road trip to Nashville on Monday and as you know I can get a lot of knitting done when I'm in the car and I'm not driving. Well, occasionally I can be seen with my knitting in my lap while I'm on the road, but that's when I wait on my boys to get out of school. Anyway, here is a sneak peek of the project I'm currently working on.


I also started on a hat for my dad, but somehow the gauge must have been way off, because I measure a 22" around my head and I cast on for the 20" size and I still end up ripping it out, because I could have done with almost 20 stitches less. What a bummer, but I rather make it fit right.

9 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

If you want more snow you can have some of mine... I'm just about done with it :)....
THough I have to admit, I love it when we first get it.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Yeah snow! I haven't shoveled any in two days! Kinda miss it. Nah. I love the floppy ears of Laila, and Fancy looks so cute with the snow in her face.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

We have a ton of now, but that Canada for ya. I still can't understand why dogs love the snow so much. Ours can't get enough. Must be a dog thing.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

I just got an email from KnitPicks with a picture of your gorgeous jacquard vest! Just had to let you know. ;)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

the pics of your dogs playing is really cute:o)

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Blueball Mountain Spindle and Needle Works said...

Hey Angelika!

Found your blog! Wow you are prolific and a REAL knitter! I am totally intimidated...more even then watching you go at the KAL last night! It was nice meeting you! And I love all your projects! All 6 Billion of them!

Luna

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's just something about snow that brings out the fun. :)

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ghost puppy! That picture does look pretty fabulous. Good to see the pups frolicking in the snow!

I feel your pain on the hat. I'm re-doing the sleeve for the same reason. Oh well. Better fitting than just done.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger K said...

The pictures of your family in the snow is so cool! Especially, the "ghost dog" picture. Sounds like we may get more snow this week too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home