Friday, May 15, 2009

New KP Project

I've been lazy blogging again, but at least I do it once a month. Well, today is the day and I have something to show for. If you got the latest KnitPicks email yesterday, you got their new May Catalog online. Right there on page for is one of my projects. Well, it's actually three, but they were all knit as one project. It's the Circle Baby Blanket, Jacket with Mittens and the Chubby Bunny from the book Itty Bitty Nursery. Here are the pictures:




They were all made from their new organic Cotton yarn, which was pretty nice to work with.

It's always nice to see my stuff show up in their catalog or even in the IK magazine. Makes me feel like I'm a celebrity (which I'm surely not!). Last month felt kind of weird, because in the whole catalog there was nothing in there that I made and that is not normal, for me anyway. Just to let you know, there are three more in the queue to be published and right now I'm working on a super top secret knit for them, and that's all I can say about that. :D Sorry. But this ensures my job security.

I also picked up another knitting job. Go figure, right? So there I was strolling into RoLynn's and Ashley's yarn store (again) and ended up walking out of there with a bag full of gorgeous yarn and patterns to knit some samples for their store. Now how much cooler can that get. Now I have an official reason to swing by there and don't need to bribe my husband to swing by there. My kids absolutely love that place too and never want to leave. If it wasn't for my dogs waiting at home for me, I might just pitch a tent there and spend the night :D (just kidding). Do you get the idea that I really like that place. If I ever get a wish from a magic genie, I'll ask for a store just like theirs. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Ok, enough chatting, back to knitting. The needles are cooling down, the coffee is kicking in and I feel myself being able to knit 100mph again. Later.

6 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize the catalog was going to be online! Your project looks great. My wall hanging is somewhere around page 20ish I think. I'll have to look again. Are you going to have time to knit for yourself with all the samples you're doing?

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

So cute! I love chubby bunny!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Monika said...

This whole set it absolutely adorable! I like everything, the bunny is too cute.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Sigrun said...

I just adore the baby set. It was by a chance that i got my job knitting for the Theatre--the head of wardrobe was in the LYS with the costume designer, they asked the owner if she could recommend a knitter, and the rest is history.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Very nicely done! I know what you mean about the catalog - it's really weird to open a KnitPicks catalog and have...nothing in it. I think it's because it doesn't happen very often, and it's rather disconcerting!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Katidids said...

Oh, how sweet I love it! Wonderful job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home