Monday, August 17, 2009

So, let me see, what's been new in my life since the last time I blogged? Well, my boys are back at school, my husband is back at work and so am I. Half of our summer vacation my husband was gone, compliments of the Army (again), so me and the boys really didn't do too much. Once he got back, right in time for 4th of July, we did some day trips, one of them was to the Louisville Zoo and we even took a longer road trip to Colorado. 18 hours one way. Wow! I had a lot of knitting time on the way, since hubby did most of the driving. We went through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas to end up in Colorado. I have to admit that I have never seen a more boring state than Kansas, so I made quite some progress on my knitting.

I the meantime I'm sure everybody has gotten their email from Knit Picks as well as the catalog in the mail. If you did, I can point out a couple (!) of my projects in there. I'm sure everybody had to drool first over the new Zephyr needles. Hopefully that didn't divert all your attention to all the nice new stuff inside. First I want to direct your attention to the jacket I made out of Shamrock yarn. It's the Jacket with Frog Fasteners from the book Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters.


In the previous catalog I had one project published, that I almost forgot to show off. It's Grandma's Lace Shawl from Lorna Miser's book Faith, Hope, Love, Knitting.



Next up was the Calluna Cardigan, a web design special from Knit Picks. This cardi was made with the new City Tweed HW and was a pretty fast knit, thanks to the thicker yarn.


Of course the Felici Socks are still available, at least six of the eight colors, but the big finale, so to speak is on the last page. Mr. Foster's new girl friend (not like he had an old one) Carmen Banana. She was that super secret project I had to knit for Knit Picks and Kerin, the designer, did a really nice job with the embellishments. I did only the knitting part, they did the rest. Carmen also has great outfits to show for. Besides her stunning evening dress, she can also be seen in her pink poodle skirt with a cream top and matching cardigan. She even has some cute panties! Now I wonder what other outfits people will come up with, once they are done knitting their Carmen. There is also a contest going on at Knit Picks to make Mr. Foster a Halloween outfit. You might want to drop in an see what it is all about and maybe submit your own crazy design.





I hope you check in every once in a while to see what I'm up to. I know, I'm leaving some of you hanging for a while, but I have not totally given up on blogging, just have a lot of things going on right now. The next yarn from Knit Picks is in a box waiting for me to knit it, two more projects are in the loop for them and I'm working on three lace shawls for friends of mine. So you see, besides that and buying a house, I think I had a good excuse for taking a blogging pause.
Later.

15 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Congratulations on all your beautiful knits! You are really good in any technique! The monkeys are fun to look at. I love the Cardigan, color and pattern.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Glad to hear from ya! Carmen Banana is waaaay too cute!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Sigrun said...

congratulations on the lovely projects. i'm jealous of the sample knitting--I contacted them with my resumé, but they said the postage to & from Canada was too expensive.
The monkeys are adorable.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you today while flipping through the KP catalog and then I noticed your post. Your knits look great and Carmen is too cute! I knit Ingenue on page 7. I just finished a knit for them for Nov and I have a second in progress. Glad my knitting mojo is finally coming back. That 18 hour drive sounds like good knitting time!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Katidids said...

Wow, you did a wonderful job!!!! Next time your over this way give a holler!

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous keri said...

Wow - you've been busy! I am in awe as always of your amazing knitting skills - all different techniques and all gorgeous!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

All the KP knits are great. I really like the Calluna Cardi. I need to order some City Tweed to try out.

I've been having a hard time finding the time to put together blog posts. It takes a good amount of time to get a post put together.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Your knits look gorgeous, as usual. Hope your family gets a little more together and vacation time soon.

Carmen Banana is wild. I love her.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I'm glad they're keeping you busy with projects! I think of you every time I get one of their catalogs. The purple cardigan is my favorite... I've been eyeing it for a while.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Debbie said...

I wanted to stop by and read your blog. Thank you again for the Rav invite to the B&N sit and knit.

I look forward to meeting you!

Debbie
Knit64

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello! I am Eugenia from Abuelita Yarns Company. Very cool projects! I also loved the Miralda shawl!!
We are a uruguayan brand which sells high quality yarns. If you want to know more about us please enter our website!
Good luck! :D
Eugenia
Abuelita Yarns

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Stell said...

very nice - I do like your designs!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger 帶我走 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Karin said...

Huhu Geli,

was ist denn los mit dir? Kommt gar nix mehr rüber übern Blog! Würde gerne wieder mal was von dir hören/sehen!

Liebe Grüße
Karin

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Sherman Unkefer said...

Beautiful knits! I do like your designs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home